Beakerstink Laboratories Inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microscopes

5 posters

Go down

Microscopes Empty Microscopes

Post  stevenp6 Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:17 pm

Microscopes have many different parts to them. You look through the eyepiece which is a 10x lense. The objective lenses magnifies what you are looking at even more. There are three objective lenses. The first one magnifies by 4x, the second magnifies 10x, and the third by 40x. The eyepiece connects to the arm which goes all the way to the base. The adjustment knobs are connected to the arm and they move the stage up and down. The bigger knob moves the stages faster and the smaller knob moves the stage slightly. There is a switch on the base which turns on the light which lights up the stage allowing you to see whatever it is on your slide.

stevenp6

Back to top Go down

Microscopes Empty Re: Microscopes

Post  KennethC6 Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:28 pm

After reading this i thought that it would be helpful to mention that it is better to use incandescent light buld with your microscope, because flourescent light bulbs give off light that is, in most cases too harsh to see whatever your looking at clearly.

KennethC6

Back to top Go down

Post  HeribertoR6 Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:35 pm

Microscopes are very helpful to science. Many of you are definitely aware of that now but they really are. If you look through the objective lenses they can be seen either by 4x's or also by 10x and if you want to be zoomed in on your slide you can see into it by 40x's. How sick is that? Hopefully we get to use these microscopes for most of the year. We never got to do that last year. I guess that's why I never liked it last year. In general those things are cool.

HeribertoR6

Back to top Go down

Post  alejandrao5 Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:55 pm

even thought microscopes are not always used in most labs that we do in class, i still think that they are an amazing instrument that allow us to see a whole different world. a world full of little microscopic organism so small and amazing that our eye is not capable of seeing without a microscope. so amazing that they are part of our world but we most times dont notice.

alejandrao5

Back to top Go down

Post  tja6 Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:44 pm

i think that having a microscope in our science lab is a great tool because it helps enhance what we are looking at. to learn about something u have to look at it really close because you cant understand and learn about something you cant see am i rightt??

tja6

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum