Beakerstink Laboratories Inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ecology subject

4 posters

Go down

ecology subject Empty ecology subject

Post  alejandrao5 Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:29 pm

even thought microorganisms was an interesting subject, i think that ecology subject was more interesting. i like the fact that the subject gave me a much better understanding on how humans impact on animals and plants; about how many times we complain about what nature do to us and many people may die because of natural disasters but in reality we are responsible for some of those things for pushing earth more than we should with over population and polution.

alejandrao5

Back to top Go down

ecology subject Empty Re: ecology subject

Post  michellee2 Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:35 pm

Yeah !
Like Its So Crazy How If One Little Thing On The Food Chain Is Gone, Alot Or Maybe All Of It Just Disappears
Cause Everything Connects To Something.
Like For Instance On The Proficency 1 When The Wolves Came Back Nd They Found Out That The Bears Would Eat The Elks Too, Then The Elk Death Rate Would Increase And The Wolves & Bear Birth Rate Would Increase, Causing Them To End Up At One Point With No Food Because Of The Large Population And Not That Much Elks. It Might Even Come To The Point Where They All Die Because Of It

michellee2

Back to top Go down

ecology subject Empty bacteria in general

Post  alejandrao5 Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:37 pm

one interesting thing i found about bacteria was the lytic cycle. it seemed to me that it worked like a company but with organisms much more smaller. they first penetrate, than the DNA combines, then production occurs. i thought that by just looking at the steps didnt help me understand it much, it was more useful for me to use a diagram so this is a link for those of you who know the steps but havent seen or dont remember how the cycle may look What a Face

http://www.web-books.com/MoBio/Free/images/Ch1F2.GIF

alejandrao5

Back to top Go down

Post  michellee2 Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:32 pm

Yeah That Digram Helped But A Quick Correction
The Lytic Cycle Is The Way Viruses Reproduce,
Bacterica Reproduces Through Binary Fission
farao

michellee2

Back to top Go down

Post  HeribertoR6 Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:33 pm

Ecology is very interesting because like you said before it is neat how humans, animals, and plants play an important role in the world. If we want to continue this important role and like the place we live in we need to start taking care of our earth. Start recycling, cut back on electricity and everything else that is known to keeping our earth cleaner.

HeribertoR6

Back to top Go down

ecology subject Empty food chain biology

Post  kwamea6 Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:43 pm

yea i know i find it weird how when one producer vanishes on the food chain it can disrupt the whole chain.

kwamea6

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum